After you have completed your online visa application and have scheduled your Interview and are preparing for it, you should make sure you have the following documents gathered.
You will need the following documents for your appointments.
For Visa Application Centre appointment (VAC):
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
- If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Your appointment confirmation page
- For applicants under 14 years of age, one photograph as per U.S. visa specifications
- See the Photos and Fingerprints page for more details
For your Visa Interview at the US Embassy or Consulate:
- A printed copy of your appointment confirmation letter
- Your DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the VAC
- Not all countries have VACs
- If you’re one of those, then you won’t have a stamp on your DS-160 confirmation page
- Your current and all old passports
Additional documents may be requested to establish that you are qualified. For example, additional requested documents may include evidence of:
- Your academic preparation, such as:
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; and
- Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school
- Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
- How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs.